Posted on May 16, 2008 by Fred Baptiste
A new version of PolyMon has been released in CodePlex. See www.codeplex.com/polymon for more details.
This version addresses some reported issues and also provides new functionality:
This feature allows custom scripts to be run after a Monitor test has run. Functionality allows either PowerShell or VBScripts to be run.
This feature allows operators to set a specific time of day when they want to receive a “heartbeat” notification from PolyMon. Operators can choose to receive a summary of current Monitor statuses for any combination of OK, Warn or Fail states.
Queued Email Notifications
When operators are offline, any notifications they would normally receive are queued. New functionality now offers operators to indicate how they want to receive these notifications: Each one separately, Not at All, or Recapped (which basically send a single email listing the current status of any monitor that raised a notification with a brief list of the notifications themselves – this allows operators to quickly determine whether a monitor is still in a Warn/Fail state when they receive the recap email).
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | Comments Off on PolyMon Version 1.1.0 Releases
Posted on June 20, 2007 by Fred Baptiste
PolyMon 1.0.0 has been released.
In addition to various performance enhancements at the database level, product stabilization and minor enhancements have been added.
In addition, the new installation procedure has been greatly simplified and now includes a single setup package with optional feature selection for creating and installing the PolyMon database, PolyMon Executive Windows Service and PolyMon Manager.
See www.codeplex.com/polymon for more details.
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 22, 2007 by Fred Baptiste
RC3 has been released. It can be found on the link indicated in the sidebar.
RC3 has made numerous enhancements to the system. Some of the hightlights:
- PowerShell Integration: PolyMon now allows PowerShell scripts to be executed and uses some objects to pass State and Counter data between the PowerShell script and PolyMon. This effectively provides PolyMon a fully integrated scripting language and opens up monitoring to anything that can be done via PowerShell.
- WMI: A new WMI monitor, with an integrated WMI browser and query builder is now available.
Data Aggregates: Data aggregation is now built-in with daily, weekly and monthly affregations of both State and Counter data.
- Data Retention Scheme: Each monitor can now specify how long data at various aggregate levels (from raw base data to monthly aggregates) is retained. This effectively allows a very granular control on database size.
- Reporting: Reporting of historical State and Counter data has been completely rewritten and now supports the various aggregates implemented by PolyMon. In particular charting has been substantially enhanced.
Screenshots of most PolyMon features can be found here.
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | Comments Off on PolyMon RC3 Released
Posted on December 27, 2006 by Fred Baptiste
PolyMon RC2 has been released and is available at CodePlex (please see sidebar for link to PolyMon project hosted at CodePlex).
Various enhancements have been made including integrated help, bug fixes, updated install scripts for SQL 2000 as well as SQL 2005, visual enhancements, etc.
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | Comments Off on PolyMon RC2 Released
Posted on October 10, 2006 by Fred Baptiste
PolyMon RC1 has been released.
In addition to product stabilization (bug fixes), this new release provides the following additional feature:
- % Uptime/Downtime Reporting in Monitor Dashboards
- System Health Report to view Lifetime %Uptime and any specific time period
Please let me know if you have any specific questions, suggestions or general feedback.
I hope you find PolyMon useful, Thanks!
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | Comments Off on RC1 Release
Posted on August 31, 2006 by Fred Baptiste
A new version (Beta 3) of PolyMon has been released.
Apart from some minor bug fixes, the following are the major enhancements in this version:
- The same plug-in approach used for Monitors has now been extended to monitor editors. Prior, all monitor parameters were edited via a simple xml text box in the Monitor Definitions panel. Monitor Types can now register editor dll’s whose visual interface is now hosted within the Monitor Definition panel. The following monitors now have specific editors:
- File Monitor
- Performance Monitor
- Ping Monitor
- Service Monitor
- SNMP Monitor
- URL Monitor
- A new monitor type (and corresponding editor) has been added: TcpPortMonitor. This monitor essentially tests TCP port connections to a specified host within a specified timeout. Thanks to Marco for this enhancement.
Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or general feedback.
Filed under: Announcements, Releases | Comments Off on PolyMon Beta 3 Released